Monday, July 09, 2007

TFK...

Playlist
Paisiello – Piano Concertos
Various – Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Flower Kings – Instant Delivery (DVD)
Vanhal – Violin Concertos
Laura Pausini – World Tour 2001/02 (DVD)
Laura Pausini – E Ritorno Da Te

Scorching evening - and, as I stepped off the bus to walk down from the terminus to Crispycat Towers, Alice Cooper's "School's Out" came on the jukebox...

I recalled that it must be almost exactly 35 years now since I first heard it - the piece which seriously turned me on to music....

I figure I must have spent at least the equivalent of a whole 24 hour day since then listening to this 3'26" song....

It was the album version I heard tonight and I remember when I first got the LP, I thought my record player had broken when it came to the end and the school bell and children screaming slowed down and stopped (unlike the then more familiar single version where it just faded out)...

Happy days...



I suggested a road trip to Anne due to the weather but she preferred to stay in - what with two episodes of Corrie and all...

Watched the Flower Kings DVD provided recently by Dr Prog (who's just back from seeing the reformed Genesis in Berlin and Manchester) and thought TFK to be pretty damn good...

Paused this to watch "University Challenge", the first match of the new series. I was "on fire", answering around 15 questions...

Then I watched the second Corrie, having to ask Anne what was going on as I've lost track of all the story lines...

Today from e-bay came the Laura Pausini live DVD so we watched that before calling it a night. Funny to see people singing along in Italian while we don't even know what the song titles mean - though Anne did some nifty translating using her old trusty English/Italian dictionary....

Highlight of the Day : Reminiscing about The Coop

No comments: