Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Contact...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Various Possible Setlists
Handel – Music For the Royal Fireworks
Albinoni/Corelli/Locatelli/Stradella*/Vivaldi – Various Concertos

I think I have my setlist now – I’ve abandoned the idea of all new material as I could never learn all the songs in time but there are a few different numbers in there from the last time I played...

In the evening, to Homebase where we purchased a little cupboard thingy for the bathroom...

Back home, a quick rehearsal was followed by “CSI : Miami” – David Caruso is dreadful...

Then, some lovely baroque music accompanied the sound of a man drilling through his fingers and thumbs as I constructed “the cupboard”...

It’s kind of like some of the things in this pic, though it’s not actually there...



A couple of recent comments alerted me to the fact that my old school chum and erstwhile musical cohort, “Dood” Hamilton (the man who taught me how to write songs) is popping by the blog occasionally. We’re hoping to get together at some point during the Jazz festival...

Creek buddy Stu Cobley has also intimated his love for The Bad Plus and hopes to meet up with Anne and I at that particular gig...

Looking forward to it...

Also, I am watching e-bay – in a bit of a misguided frenzy last night I put bids in for 13 different CDs in auctions due to close at various times over the next few days...

I am an idiot...

I have enough CDs...

*Alessandro Stradella was a baroque composer who had a dangerous taste for seducing the mistresses of rich, powerful, bad-tempered men. News of a forthcoming assassination attempt, financed by just such a man, convinced the composer to flee from Rome. In 1682, having returned to his old habits, he was murdered in Venice.

Highlight of the Day : Old friends keeping in touch...

No comments: