Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Plaster...

Playlist
Philip Glass – The Hours OST
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Cloudland Blue Quartet – The Virginia Man EP
King Crimson – Heavy ContruKction
Schumann – Fantsiestuecken

It’s a struggle to keep this going – can’t even be bothered right now updating the entries for the German holiday…

Anyway, as I pass my 900th entry of pish, another night spent in front of the telly…

Three documentaries on BBC2 all from The Open University…

“James May’s 20th Century” – despite a few new facts, it was the usual puerile nonsense you’d expect from a member of the “Top Gear” team – I enjoyed it though…

Then, while Anne nipped down to her mum’s with our rubbish (our dustbin mysteriously disappeared last Wednesday!!), I watched an episode of Coast – which, amongst others, covered the area of Ireland we visited in May. I’ve never been interested in this series before but I have to say I found it quite fascinating…

Then, “Paris” – unfortunately 3/3 and we missed the first two. An excellent informative and interesting programme which made me want to visit the city again – we’ve not been there for 25 years…



Elsewhere – despite my decision on Sunday to practise more, for the second day running I have not done so – even although I had plenty of opportunity…

An e-mail from family friend, Moira alerted me to a new blog, now added to my links. Moira’s daughter Lindsay, whom I’ve known since she was a baby, and her husband, Guy, gave up their affluent life in London to work in Ski Chalets, followed by Gites and now have their own place near Avignon...

Their blog gives insights to the area in which they live and also offers up some mouth-watering recipes – take a look

Another new addition is the blog of Impossible Songs’ daughter Emma, who’s currently out in Sri Lanka working for an NGO in the wake of the Boxing Day 2005 Tsunami – also worth a look

Ended the day with a DVD of the 1998 “Bottom” live show “Hooligan’s Island”, which I’m sure we saw when it toured back then but I’d forgotten all about it and so was amused by the antics of Richard Rich and Eddie Hitler all over again…

Highlight of the Day : Some good telly

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the Paris program last night and last week (missed the first one), very much ejoyed it. A lovely city, did i ever tell you the last time i was there i got robbed?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Yes I think I've heard that story - were you not also visiting the city with some annoying people who insisted in staying in bed till midday?

Anonymous said...

Na, that was when i visited Barthalona with ma mate Derek.
Keep on practising, yeah.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

OK - I'll do that right now...

Unknown said...

A wee welcome back treat: The Promises 'baby it's you'. A one hit wonder in Australia (1979) - back in the days when a pair of gorgeous boobs were real. Sadly this video is cut short - but you can download the full thing from here (it's #0693 - to save you need to change the filetype from jpg to mp3). Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

900th entry of pish? Not true! Having been recently introduced to your blog by impossible songs, I find myself reading it regularly - as well as my sister's sri lankan tales...

It's a nice reminder of scotland for people like me, held captive in the dark lands of england!

Cheers, Paul

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I actually bough this single in 1979 from Ezy Ryder which used to be at Greyfriars - I think it was 10p. It was always popular at parties (tho never a hit in the UK as far as I know) - thanks Ms L

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hey Paul - good to have you stop by...thanks for the encouragement - and I'll be updating shortly - just back from a trip to Manchester - which I think is down your way - to see The Blue Nile - of course the delay now puts these comments out of order but what the hey...