Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm a crocodile...

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Craig Armstrong – Best Laid Plans OST
Telemann – Oboe Concertos

Dr Prog was looking for a copy of my reasonably recently purchased “Tafelmusik” 4CD box set by Telemann and so today, when I noticed in HMV that they had this in their sale for a mere £7, I called him to ask if he’d like me to buy him the set instead of copying it for him – he replied in the affirmative..

I returned to the shop and then came a cross a 10CD set “Masterworks” by Mr Telemann, which included the “Tafelmusik” – so I bought that instead and will bequeath my previous box to the good doctor...



Arrived home to find that a Craig Armstrong soundtrack had arrived from e-bay – along with Mr A’s patented string-laden melancholia (which I love) it also includes tracks by Neneh Cherry (not a favourite), Mazzy Star, Patsy Cline, Massive Attack, Eagle Eye Cherry (not a favourite) and Gomez...

All in all a good find for a couple of squid...

Anne was out on the ran-dan with her chum Lynn tonight so I took the opportunity to visit my mum (I am trying to organise a new bathroom for her) – accompanied by Telemann’s oboe concertos on the car stereo...

Mum advised that nephew and musical cohort, young Andy Wilson had just discovered after having some tests done, that his hearing has deteriorated quite badly over the last couple of years and he is, understandably, a bit down re this..

He has a congenital hearing defect with which he’s coped since birth (his brother, non-musician Alastair has the same problem) – so there we are, I told you the other day I had nothing to be depressed about...

So I drove out to Penicuik to see him and offer my support – he seemed to have cheered up a bit but isn’t looking forward to paying almost a couple of hundred quid a month for some new fangled digital hearing aids which the NHS have been stalling him on for a couple of years now whilst funding nonsense like fertility treatment for childless couples...

We talked about some possible song-writing scenarios in the near future once I have the infernal “Erstzreal” finished off...

Finally back to Edinburgh with Mr Telemann again, to pick up Anne and Lynn and taxi them home...

Highlight of the Day : A new Telemann box set

No comments: