Sunday, July 22, 2007

Oooh, new shoes...

Playlist
Various – CBQ DJ Mix No 5
Various – Music from "Destination Out"
Various – Music from "Pitchfork"

Up around 7 and designing the covers for Jorg & Yvonne’s Yes and Pet Shop Boys CDs respectively – I’ll be sending them to Germany this week...
Out to Patisserie Florentine with Anne for breakfast around 10...
On the way back, some shopping, ostensibly for some new furniture for the bathroom (nothing satisfactory found), then to M&S for some food and, finally, some browsing which ended in the purchase of "several" pairs of shoes (two for me, one for Anne) and a bag (for Anne)...
Back home, old shoes were either tossed or put into the charity bag...
Golf and lunch then a wee trip round to Anne’s mum’s for coffee, followed by a visit to Anne’s best chum Lynn and her partner Ross’s place. Ross was in the garden laying slabs...
I commented on how much more useful he is around the place than me with my hours on end sitting at the PC and working on music very few will ever hear...
Lynn countered with a well-chosen "ah but when you’re rich and famous" which was in turn countered by "it’s a bit too late for that now"...
Home and rehearsing – I made the mistake of filming it – I need to work on the stupid faces I make when I’m singing (by work on, I mean cut them out)...
More golf with our evening meal, then more rehearsing...
Faces removed as best I could...
Finished the day with an entertaining South Bank Show on soprano, Emma Kirkby...
Highlight of the Day : New shoes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golf with your evening meal? Did the waiter offer you football for desert?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

The golf was on the telly Stu...