Wednesday, July 04, 2007

One of the best pounds I ever spent...

Playlist
Various - Jukebox Shuffleplay
Laura Pausini - Io Canto
Pet Shop Boys - Cubism
Dave Holland Quintet - Extended Play Live at Birdland
Dennis Chambers - Outbreak

Through the letter box today, the new Laura Pausini CD, "Io Canto"...

I became interested in her after finding one of her early CDs in Avalanche for £1 sometime in the mid 90s and was struck by her great delivery of songs despite not really knowing what she was singing about...

She is huge in Italy, Spain and Latin America with a large following both in the rest of Europe and certain parts of the USA, but virtually unkown in the UK...

I now have 8 of her CDs...



It's rubbishy pop music, with no intrinsic musical value really, but I like it - much in the same way as I like both Uriah Heep and Grand Funk Railroad in spite of myself...

Weird...

Also behind the door was a card from the postie saying he'd been unable to deliver a package - presumably the Panasonic CD Walkman I bought for a couple of quid the other night on e-bay...

Anne's work colleague, Chris-with-a-Ch, lent us the Pet Shop Boys DVD today so I can record the soundtrack to CD for him and I'll do a copy for unsere Freunden in Deutschland too...

On first shifty, it looks like an excellent show...

I have weaned myself off "Coronation Street" recently, having foregone all episodes recorded while we were in Germany and having viewed just one since...

So the only TV tonight was last night's "CSI" series closer cliffhanger - great stuff...

Finished off the night doing some tidying, listening to some tasty jazz and writing this nonsense up, including starting the entries for the recent Germany trip...

Highlight of the Day : Laura Pausini's new CD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.. Laura Pausini. Nice voice too.