Friday, July 20, 2007

38 years on...

Playlist
Telemann – Concerto for Trumpets, Oboe and Timpani
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Aberdour Setlist
Annie Lennox - Medusa
Mozart - 100 Best

Up early and a nice breakfast with Anne – she was off on the hovercraft to Fife today with her friend Lynn and Lynn’s family – partner Ross and the kids Scott and Stewart...



The craft is on trial for two weeks with a view to possibly becoming a permanent crossing between the Lothians and Fife...

It sounds like fun...

The second of my two recently-purchased-on-e-bay Annie Lennox CDs arrived. A cringe-worthy cover of “A Whiter Shade of Pale” is included, however, this is easily offset by “No More “I Love You’s””, and her cover of Marley’s “Waiting in Vain” is top notch too...

In the evening, we visited my mum as the work on her bathroom I arranged was completed today – it looks excellent – a huge improvement and mum’s very pleased with the outcome...

Obviously it would be in bad taste to show it all but here’s a glimpse...



We sit and chat about this and that and reminisce about 20 July 1969 when we were all at my Dad’s mum’s house in Glasgow and stayed up to watch the moon landing...

38 years ago....

Hardly a mention of it anywhere today in the media though..

Back home around 10 and I hade my first run through of a proposed set for next Sunday...

Highlight of the Day : A visit to my mum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see your highlight was a visit to see your Mum. That's Brill, is she still in Loanhead? Will try to get through to Aber-Fife,
Dood

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Yes mum is still in the same house in Loanhead (41 years now!!)

I'm set to play in the first session in Aberdour which is between 11 am and 12:30 (I think)...