Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pasta frenzy...

Playlist
No Man - Together We're Stranger
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Various tracks from the last 10 years
Annie Lennox - Diva
Handel - Water Music

Lunch today with Kris-with-a-K and the lovely Michelle. I managed to splash my shirt with some lovely pasta sauce...

Chicken Supreme Special I think it was called – spaghetti in a very thin, almost soup-like, cream sauce with finely chopped onions, chicken breast and asparagus...

At home, more pasta and, I know it sounds hard to believe, but Anne’s was better than that from the restaurant earlier in the day...

Penne with a tomato and mascarpone sauce with mushrooms, onions and chorizo sausage...

On Sunday, on our return from Manchester, I was on Youtube looking for Blue Nile stuff and found a duet by Paul Buchanan and Annie Lennox of Eurythmics’ “Here Comes the Rain Again” live on French TV around 10 years ago...

This reminded me of Lennox’ heart rending version of the song “Why” from Live 8 a couple of years back. A few minutes later I’d bought “Diva” and “Medusa” for around £5 for the two on e-bay...

“Diva” arrived today and is a pretty good album. Of course when it came out in 1992, it was extremely popular, which is probably one of the main reasons I couldn’t like it then...

I am an idiot...

I await “Medusa”...

Today on Youtube I found two duets between Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson earlier this month in Bucharest – surprising...

Also tonight, I bumped into old chum and music cohort Peri Urban as he alighted a bus I was about to board – I let it go and we had a couple of minutes to chat. I was honoured I must say as Mr Urban seems to seldom exit his house these days, preferring to broadcast to the world via his computer...

And finally, mention of a cruel joke at my expense over on ankle-breaker, Jim Park’s blog....

Luckily I saw the funny side...

By way of (rather pathetic) retaliation, here’s a picture of Jim with a pineapple - make of it what you will...



Spent much of the night on the net, downloading more free music (I’ll never listen to) from Destination Out and Pitchfork...

Finished it off with two taped episodes of "Law & Order"...

Tasty...

Highlight of the Day : Pasta frenzy

1 comment:

jimbo said...

he's got a pineapple on his head...!

actually, in fairness, I wasn't thinking of your ankle when I wrote the offending Blog...I was thinking more in terms of a weight/fitness angle...

and I just love throwing stones in my glass house...

it is SUCH FUN...!!!