Sunday, July 01, 2007

Down, down, deeper and down...

Playlist
Craig Armstrong - World Trade Center
Karl Bartos – Electric Music
Fehlfarben – Handbuch fuer die Welt
The Bad Plus – Prog
2Raumwohnung – 36 Grad
2Raumwohnung – 36 Grad (Remix Album)

Today is the second anniversary of the writing of the first song for the album I’m working on – so, that’s two years so far…

Mind you I didn’t write the second song until March 2006 and the last album “Deeperdown” was only finally completed and released in November 2005 – so there’s a bit of an overlap there…

Post holiday, I was up early and transferring the 450 or so pics from my memory cards to the hard drive…

Calendar days missed too...


While doing this, I looked through my links (having been without internet access for ten days)...

Turns out the Craig Armstrong CD I bought in Glasgow on 21 June will be my last from FOPP as the chain has gone into administration citing lack of support from stakeholders and suppliers – i.e. cashflow…


In a link from the article on the BBC website, I see HMV’s profits are down by over 70%...

A further link leads me to discover that many of the CD shops in London’s famous Berwick St area are closing their doors...

Looks like I got out of the record shop business just in time…

Read Robert Fripp’s diary for almost the whole of June – King Crimson will reappear for their 40th anniversary – but that’s not due until January 2009...

Then catching up on other blogs and e-mails etc...

Was about to go to the shops on the bike but it started to pour with rain so I took car rather than get soaked...

Apparently it’s been raining here every day since we left…

Had a yoghurt and some muesli for breakfast before watching the first of the series finale of “Dr Who” on video from last Saturday...

Brilliant stroke in bringing back The Master…

Then continued on the internet while listening to my new CDs before heading to Anne’s mum’s for the family tea – a Chinese takeaway today – I drove through the thunder and lightning with an excitable nephew Ollie to pick up our order…

Scenes...








Back home by 9pm to catch “The Thick of It” followed by part 2 of the “Dr Who” finale before buying the new CD by Laura Pausini and one of her live DVDs on e-bay…

Highlight of the Day : Dr Who Double Bill

No comments: