Saturday, July 07, 2007

S-h-o-pp-i-n-g, we're shopping...

Playlist
King Crimson – Cirkus
Debussy – Complete Piano Works
The Shadows – Very Best Of
Francoise Hardy – The Way of Love
2Raum Wohnung – 36 Grad
John Gorka – The Company You Keep
Laura Pausini – Io Canto
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Asia – Fantasia Live in Tokyo
Pet Shop Boys – Cubism
Various – Back to Mine : Pet Shop Boys

We were both up early today – Anne because she had an appointment at the optician – me because I was looking to buy some new clothes...

On Friday - get this - your correspondent will be playing golf for the first time ever...

A trawl through Mr Quartet’s less than extensive wardrobe however, did uncover some items which could be suitable for whacking a small white ball witha stick and so, after a quick breakfast, the intention was for me to drive Anne to town (paying careful heed of course to our carbon footprint) and then to come home and potter around doing, frankly, eff all...

Instead, I walked around town..

I passed the now closd FOPP – scene of so many CD purchasing expeditions in the past...


...and then ended up going into various clothes shops – not something I do very often....

Indeed, I actually bought some clothes - trousers, a jersey and a t-shirt – none of which was black...

I met up with Anne at Avalanche (no CD purchases today) and we walked down Cockburn St to Princes St Gardens where we stopped for coffee at the museum coffee shop, sitting outside in the sun (just for the record, it poured with rain later in the day)...









On our way back to the car, we stopped off at another couple of shops, allowing Mr CBQ to buy some Cloudland Blue Gym Shoes and a black shirt – I suppose something had to be black...

Back home, I continued with the updating of the diary and then we watched (and I recorded the soundtrack of) the Pet Shop Boys live in Mexico City last year – a great show...

I cycled round to the local shop for a lottery ticket (for those waiting a cut of our winnings, no numbers yet again I'm afraid)...

I also found a supply of a nice Rioja we've been looking for - called "Muriel" - this is the 2000 vintage and is v tasty...

Post evening meal, I spent several hours transferring the PSB soundtrack from mini-disc into the computer in real time, editing out glitches, putting in track codes for CD and finally wrapped up in time for “CSI : New York” at 9 followed by “Law & Order” at 10...

During the ad breaks we caught glimpses of various stars salving their conciences re Global Warming...

Then to bed...

Highlight of the Day : Some new clothes

No comments: