Sunday, July 08, 2007

Over par...

Playlist
Yes – Rarities Vols 1 - 7
Pet Shop Boys – Live Setlist 2006/07
Boyce - Symphonies
Rheostatics – Last Concert

Up at 7 and to work immediately, compiling a 7 disc set of Yes rarities for Jorg – this will be winging its way to Germany “shortly” along with Yvonne’s Pet Shop Boys CDs...

Also burned the aforementioned PSB discs, one set for Yvonne and one for Chris-with-a-Ch to be returned with his DVD...

After breakfast, there was a mountain if dishes to be done – piled up from the last few days, before we could head out to.....golf...



We went to a driving range/putting green/pitch and putt type place out at the airport...

It made for an enjoyable, if at times very frustrating, couple of hours...

I can hit the ball quite far – but with absolutely no control whatsoever – and my putting is abysmal...

Then to Tesco for some shopping, back home for lunch and, finally, it feels like July as we sit watching the Wimbledon Men’s Singles Final (a struggled-for win for Roger Federer – his 5th in a row equalling the Borg’s record) while the sun shines outside...

I decide to rehearse some songs and find that, due to lack of practise, I’ve forgotten the ones which a month ago I could play without resorting to music/lyrics – I must practise more...

Dinner is Anne’s patented superb pasta with chorizo, to which has today been added some lovely crunchy yellow and red peppers. It’s accompanied by some excellent polish bread from the Tesco in-store bakery (some of which I’d already had for lunch)...

Then back to the tennis and the Mixed Doubles final which results in a win for the unseeded Jamie Murray and his Serbian partner – well done...

I return to the computer and end the day as it began – with some Yes music...

Highlight of the Day : Being rubbish at golf – but giving it a go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, can't believe you were golfin' at weekend. What brought that on? Alice Cooper's a good player. Tried to phone you last week but you wernae in.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I'm supposed to be playing golf this Friday so thought I'd better at least have a wee go before then.

I will be lethal.

Like The Coop, I intend to bring violence into the game...