Sunday, July 19, 2020

To speaker or not to speaker, that is the question...

Playlist
Fiona Apple - Fetch the Boltcutters
Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy
Brian Eno - ENOBOX II / Vocal
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Face to Face
Francoise Hardy - Star
Respighi - Pini di Roma
Anger 77 - Allein Im Flugzeug
Catherine Bott - Virtuoso Italian Vocal Music
Motörhead - Iron Fist
Robert Fripp - Music For Quiet Moments
Bumbry/Radio Symphonie Orchester Berlin/Maazal - Stravinsky: Firebird Suite (1919); Falla: El Amor Brujo, El Sombrero De Tres Picos
Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music - Street Life - Greatest Hits
Gershwin - Porgy & Bess
Ian Anderson - Thick as A Brick 2
Ying Quartet - Ying Quartet: Life Music 2
Glenn Gould - Sonatas Fantasies Variations
America - History: America's Greatest Hits
Nits - Urk
The Violet Archers - The End Of Part One
Reich - Phases
Frank Zappa - Wazoo
Rheostatics - Horseshoe Tavern 1994-08-11
Elvis Presley - The All Time Greatest Hits
Various Artists - The Wire Tapper 44
The Beatles - Beatles Go Baroque
Various Artists - The Best Funk Album In The World...Ever!
Various Artists - 100 Hits: Party Anthems
Various Artists - Music from Baz Luhrmann's Film Moulin Rouge!
Bela B - Code b
Noah And The Whale - Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down
KMRU - Mood
Françoise Hardy - Star
Duncan Mackay - Score
Duncan Mackay - Chimera

Blurry Sunday...


That's better...


A temporary arrangement...



Views...



The beast was at the console...


45 years ago today was a Saturday and I bought Brian Eno’s single, “The Lion Seeps Tonight” and Elton John’s single, “Someone Saved my Life Tonight” for 50p each - £4.16 each in today’s money...

I listened to them again and was reminded by a Twitterchum that I too had this...


Today's classical piece was Respighi's "Fountains of Rome" - enjoyable...


Yesterday's random LP, which I didn't get a chance to play till today, was this double live album by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel...


 I didn’t buy it at the time but saw them on that tour...


Edinburgh Playhouse, 11 December 1976...



“Steeeeeeve!!!” was the cry from some besotted young lady in the row along from us - constantly...


Stuff moved once again for more painting and sorting by the EP...
  



Possible album covers were recorded before being painted over...





Sandpaper too is a possibility...


Breakfast...



Then, Anne got to work while I listened to a Francoise Hardy LP - for I am not to be trusted to paint...





Like many of her records I own, I don’t have a note of the purchase date.  Whatever I paid and when, it was worth it just for the beautiful title track...

Encouraged by the splendid keyboard playing on the Harley album earlier, I downloaded and enjoyed a couple of 70s LPs by Duncan Mackay...


The painting was done...



And so, reassembly took place...


...with a break for lunch...



...and then, some soundtracking...




..and a film on the Tivo - "Bad Neighbours" entertained (we may well have watched this yesterday - in fact I think we did indeed)...

...before a visit to my mum...



Back in the old routine...




Back home, more sorting out and realisation that my wee amp was away the trip...


Hmmm...

A visit from the squirrel...





Later, removing the amp from the set up and listening via headphones...




...led me to the realisation that, having spent most of the weekend moving my CDs around, while the Exec Producer redecorated and, just when I’d reinstalled everything, the wee amp died on me, I was now getting such a great sound from the CD player via my headphone mixer into my Grados, perhaps I didn't need speakers anymore?


We'll see...

But I certainly needed a haircut...

Highlight of the Day : Decorating finished...

No comments: