Saturday, July 18, 2020

The arrival of the once avant garde..

Playlist
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2020
Bob Dylan - Desire
Joni Mitchell - Dreamland
Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale
Moderntimes_1800 - Johann Gottlieb Graun : Concertos for Strings
Stevie Wonder - Music of my Mind
Ravel - Complete Orchestral Works
Cosmic Ground - Relics Vol 1
Mott the Hoople - The Collection
Yo La Tengo - We Have Amnesia Sometimes

Up early and bringing this slightly up to date - of course it's now Wednesday morning and I'm way behind again but, hey ho...

The views...




Some sourcing of records I ought to have had a long time ago by Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder and Joni Mitchell - some already there on hard drives, just not in the iTunes but, rather, languishing - now languishing no more...

Coffee...


..and, according to my diary, on this Saturday (tomorrow date wise) in 1974, I bought “Space Ritual” for £2.95 & “The Man Who Sold the World” for £1.10 (£30.99 & £11.56 in today’s money)...

I was 15...

How did I afford that?

Well, it seems I sold 8 unnamed LPs for £4.50 (£47.28 today), post taping them, of course...


Anyway, podcast uploaded and a wee solo shopping trip to Lidl before returning for breakfast with Anne - accompanied, as usual, by the Rev Richard Coles and his gentle Saturday morning show on Radio 4...


Once again the new flowers entertained...



...before, for Anne, the painting began...






She reckoned I should just leave the stuff like this for the next 10 days until the shelves arrive...



A nice salad for lunch...


With tasty bread I had sourced from Lidl earlier this morning...


Nice arrivals in the post - a six CD set of, mostly, avant garde classical music recorded live in Leningrad a year before the collapse of communism...


...and a two CD set of a reasonably little known composer and one of his pupils - his brother, C H Graun, is more well known...


In the afternoon, I put the boxes of CDs backas I didn't want to not have access to everything for 10 days...

Tea was a tasty takeaway from Abida...



...while the squirrel had something it liked...


...as did young Fang later on...



Having put the boxes back, I was able to access today's classical piece of the day, Ravel's "Bolero", in order to record the cover - as you do...


And so, the room ended the day like this - with more painting due tomorrow...





Another entertaining episode of "Vera" entertained...

A Richter book was looked into with even some reading going on - the result of an order made from the Tate Modern for a few books and a new mug - bought with birthday money received from my mum on her return home on Thursday night...


to bed, early...


Highlight of the Day : The arrival of the once avant garde...

No comments: