Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Uneventful until...

Playlist
Klaus Schulze - Silhouettes
Jacques Loussier Trio - Play Bach No 2
Jacques Loussier Trio - Play Bach No 3
Jacques Loussier Trio - Play Bach No 4
Jacques Loussier Trio - Play Bach No 5
BALTHVS - Harvest
Dave Bidini - Aftermath (Single)
Various Artists - The Music Buddy Sessions
The Violet Archers - Animal Song
Communism - Lovespeech
Clark the Band - Terra Incognita:By Land, Sea & Air
Various Artists - 19 LPs at 19 (Playlist on Shuffle)
Cloudland Blue Quartet  - Covers Eno & Roxy Remakes (Bts)
The Lunar Effect - Sounds of Green and Blue
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2024 Vol 2

Up at 6:30 or so...


Nothing planned, apart from football this evening...



Coffee...


...then listening to suggestions from BlueSky - a Klaus Schulze LP from 2018, which I brought into the collection back in March but had, thus far, not accessed...

Synthy...

Then, updated my Jacques Lousier collection with Vols 2-5 of his "Play Bach" series...

Jazzy...

Anne was off to Zumba, so I did some re-arranging (again)...





In the afternoon, listened to a podcast with Rheostatics' Dave Bidini, which led me to acquire a few Rheostatics related things I did not know existed (see below)...

Anne was off to see her mum...

Rehearsed again for Out of the Bedroom tomorrow night...

At 6:45, off to the football...

As I drove along, I had a wee daydream to myself re our upcoming holiday and whether it had been a good idea to sign up for today's game...

Imagine, I thought, if someone took a raker of a shot and it hit me square in the face...


Anyway...

Started off ok, some time outfield, up front and at the back and a short spell in goal then back out...

We were a few goals down when I went to block a shot...

Young Connell, playing with us for the first time and a rugby player by trade, apparently, came hurtling through a crowd of players and smashed into me, accidentally headbutting me and knocking me clean over...

Oooofft...

Blood...

Everywhere...

Into the school building with Mick to clean things up as best I could...

Couldn't get the bleeding to stop...

Eventually, this...


...which I sent to Anne and headed home...

She called me immediately and advised I ought to go to the Minor Injuries dept at the Western General - just to make sure it wasn't broken and so, I did - and just as well, too...

I was attended to by Practitioner Debs, who checked me over thoroughly, blood pressure, pulse, eye tests, head and spine check etc etc and then...

...glued up the wound on the front of my nose...

Hopefully it heals...


I came away with this leaflet but with confirmation too that my nose wasn't broken...


Despite the profuse bleeding from both outside and inside my nose, this, plus a few stains on my sleeves, was the only evidence on my football togs of the disaster...


Couldn't really get my specs on, this the best I could do...


A postponed pesto chicken and chips for tea...


...was followed by two "Mrs Maisel"s, watched while holding my glasses in front of my face...

Meanwhile, my left nostril continued to trickle blood until bedtime...

Hmmm...

Football eh?

Highlight of the Day : Nose unbroken...

Today's New Music:-

2 comments:

impossible songs said...

A close call there, maybe a formal band instruction should be issued in order to prohibit any "dangerous sports" activities the week before any gigs.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I think that might be a good call. Don't think anyone else does any though?