Thursday, July 18, 2024

A shelf catastrophe and refill time...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Hessler Nowik Liminal Conundrum
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Disquietmusik VII
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Strand
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Variations on Brian Eno's "On Land"
Various Artists - Summer Tales
Joe Goddard - Harmonics
Betts(JP) - Rumor
Clairo - Charm
Cassandra Jenkins - My Light, My Destroyer
Melissa Aldana - Echoes Of The Inner Prophet
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
Various Artists - Fill Your Head With Rock
Alice Cooper - School Days
The Animals - The Most Of The Animals
Anthony More - World Service
Soft Machine - Softs
Soft Machine - Bundles
Ascendant - Starfall
Roger Waters - The Dark Side of the Moon Redux
Alice Cooper - Road
Uriah Heep - Chaos & Colour
The Church - The Hypnogogue
Lana Del Rey - Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (DL)
Brian Eno - FOREVERVOICELESS
Peter Gabriel - i/o

Up stupidly early but I could not get back to sleep once out of my slumber...


It was light...



..as I fired up the machines...


A couple of hours later, as I worked, I heard a crash but did not think anything of it as the neighbours are so annoyingly noisy as regards banging and crashing and continually slamming their front door about a  hundred times a day, that I reckoned they must just have been up to their usual fuckery...

But no, on arising, Anne went downstairs and came back up to report that the bookshelf had fallen off the wall...

Aargh, all my favourite art books...

Here the shelves back in March...


Luckily there was stuff below the shelf which cushioned the fall and zero damage to the books...


Two of the four screws which have held this shelf up for, probably more than 20 years had sheared...


My wee CD player bore the brunt of the crash but remains functional..


Books moved upstairs and a new, lighter set required to be chosen...


But that was for another day...


Art, eh?


Much of the rest of the day was spent, post deleting all music off my phone, adding music to my phone! (it had been fast approaching capacity)...

By close of play the task was complete - although I will probably add  few more things in tomorrow...

this is how...

Etc...

Highlight of the Day: Books undamaged despite a shelf catastrophe...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: