Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Not quite hip-hopping but definitely bingeing...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Hessler Nowik Liminal Conundrum
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Live Suite 2024/25
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - The Low End Effect Sources
Skids - Destination Düsseldorf
Skids - Songs From a Haunted Ballroom
Mike Garson - The Bowie Variations
Aespa - Armageddon
Mario Garnau & Mathieu Robert - Callada: Around Mompou

Up and to it - first listening, the upcoming LP, due start August but, now, to be released slightly earlier due to us being away...


Sounding good...

Meanwhile, looking good...





Coffee...


Updating Monday on Tuesday...


This morning, with Anne guerilla gardening, I got caught up in seminal hip hop LP, "The Low End Effect", a commenter on the Twitter opining that, as my choices of top 90's LPs, namely, The Blue Nile, Talk Talk, David Bowie, Tori Amos & Lou Reed/John Cale (from, what was, for me, a very limited option of 100 mostly pieces of cack) did not include said hip hop album, my opinion could not be respected...

I joked that it is an LP by A Tribe Called Quest - that being reason enough for it not to have been considered (that, plus I'd never heard it in my puff)...

I also said that, were there an instrumental version, that might interest me...

I searched, and, lo, I found one...

Which spurred me on to find which LPs had been sampled by the Tribe - and duly found a complete list of the 38 tracks involved...

And so, a cracking, 3 hour playlist of those tracks (which soundtracked most of the rest of my day) plus an instrumental version of the album joined the library...

I had to edit the majority of the instrumental tracks, adding some reverb to the gaps in the not really all that well put together but it didn't matter cos it was in the background sampling by the group, to make it barely listenable in its own right - it's not really a patch on the original tracks involved...

Which led me to create a wee mix of one track overlaid with some Disquietmusik guitar - which will probably turn up on my end of year collection of unreleased stuff...

I still have not listened to the actual LP though...

Lunch was accompanied by episodes 3 and 4 of "High Country"...

In the afternoon, more music mucking about...

Home made Anne-Burgers for tea...


...accompanied by episodes 5 & 6 of "High Country"...

Anne did not want to watch more so, upstairs to rehearse the live set, playing 30 of the, now, 49 songs ("The In Crowd" has been given the green light)...

Then, Anne suggested more "High Country" so we finished it off with episodes 7 & 8 - six episodes in a day - now that's what I call bingeing...

Lights out at midnight...

To bed with K-Pop in my ears, my LP of the day...

Followed by jazz - my yesterday's LP of the day...

Highlight of the Day : High Country...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: