Monday, July 01, 2024

Strange sounds which, five decades ago, spurred this on...

Playlist
Fripp & Eno - (No Pussyfooting)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Hessler Nowik Liminal Conundrum
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 2024-06-30 OOTB Rehearsal (Crazy Wisdom)
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico (45th Anniversary Edition)
Roger Waters - Is This The Life We Really Want?
Armand Margjeka - Move Slow
Emerson Lake & Palmer - 1971/72
King Tubby - The Best Of King Tubby
Three Friends - Think of Me With Kindness

My first record of July, just after midnight, was this, in the cans as I drifted off...


I bought the LP in Berchtesgaden on my trip to the Bavarian Alps around this time on 1974...

Amazing that such a hellish sounding LP could have inspired the just turned 15 year old me into an aspiring (and failing to this day) "musician"...

Up late...


A new day, a new week, a new month...


Post this breakfast...


...I decided to combine two of my upcoming LPs, my collaborations with old school chum Fred Hessler and Blue Sun Chasing/Matthew Nowik, recorded way back in January, into one LP - which involved some remixing etc etc...

Soon it was done and time once again to visit my mum, here seen enjoying a couple of Satsuma's post a soup based lunch...



Turned out the next food delivery is not till a week on Wednesday and so I must return my Beef and Potato delights taken home on Saturday...

Second of my new hats arrived and Anne bought me yet another pair of jeans, she having been dissatisfied with my choices...

Both garments accompanied some filing this afternoon...


...as did these records...


The Waters is still superb, the Margjeka shows what hidden gems there are in all these boxes of music I've collected over the last 39 years and the ELP was top - a compilation burned for my dad back in August 1999 - he had fewer than 4 years to live - I wonder if he ever listened to it...


I thought of him though as I did...

Filing done...

I now have around 25 empty boxes to spread out the CDs stored on this side of the room, leaving space for new additions...


...and I moved most of my "strangely shaped items" to the top of the five lower shelves on the left...


Just a few comps now to integrate - and then, of course, spread out my "everything that's not classical or jazz" A-Z as described above...

Lovely home-made burgers for tea...


I didn't bother watching France v Belgium, but caught the very late own-goal which won it for France...

Instead...


...trying to catch up with this - I was a week behind as I approached the machines but only managed a couple of days while Portugal and Slovenia had a 0-0 after extra time draw...

I watched the penalty shoot out - Portugal scored their first three penalties...

And their goalie, unprecedentedly (in the Euros anyway), saved each of the Slovenians first three...

All over...

As was the day...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's home made burgers...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: