Thursday, July 25, 2024

A day of rest and of not going out...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Live Suite 1977-1996
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Live Suite 1997-2005
Various Artists - A History of the Single - The 1980s
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [Expanded]
Various Artists - A History of the Single - The 2010s
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
Various Artists - Blues & Soul Masters
Various Artists - Pure... Rock
Various Artists - Dockers Hits Sets
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2024 Vol 30 Long List
Various - The Marvelous Mrs Maisel OST
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Hessler Nowik Liminal Conundrum

Up late...

And listening to the two suites I created a few weeks ago now using music recorded between 1977 and 1996 and between 1997 and 2005...


Not sure...

I have recharged the battery in my Samsung bridge camera and took a few pics...





Not sure...

Breakfast...




My face was pretty sore and I discovered too, overnight, that I have pain down my right side in my ribs, no doubt from the clattering I took...

Despite this, I spent a few hours today rehearsing for Saturday, going through all three sets (but no singing)...

On completing all of that satisfactorily, I packed up the equipment...


...and took a couple of pano shots of the tidied room...



I sourced a list of "100 songs every covers band should play" and, from that, around 50 which we don't and decided to test them out on Saturday re popularity by playing mixes of them between our sets - meaning I had to put those mixes together...

And so, I did...

I also rehearsed my three songs for Out of the Bedroom tonight...

This was me supposedly "resting"...

However, Anne persuaded me that to go would be a mistake, given my condition, and so I stayed in and will return in late August - and we enjoyed fayre from Wong's...


...and a few episodes of "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel", our new fave...

Later, I spent some time compiling a virtual 2CD set of the best of the "60s onwards" tracks used across the show's 5 seasons (we are at the start of season 2 already)...

This, and my new LP, out tomorrow, soundtracked the rest of the night...


Retired towards midnight, having taken a goodly amount of painkillers to assist with sleeping...

Highlight of the Day : Rehearsing...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: