Thursday, July 31, 2008

Different from last year...

Playlist
Blue Note Albums on Shuffleplay
Various – Evenin’ Blue

Inspired by my three new Blue Note purchases yesterday, today’s soundtrack was 100% Blue Note – I must have over 200 titles now on that label…

Tonight I wandered down Leith Walk to the Meridian Bar for Jim Park’s show “No Comedy For Old Men” and can heartily recommend it…

Four comedians in a 50 minute free show, with four varied styles of delivery and material…

I will be returning later in the festival with Anne to view them again, along with former Out of the Bedroom colleague Tommy Mackay who has a show at the same venue…

Of course, this time last year, I was embarking on what turned out to be a five week period of non-stop nightly entertainment and really made the most of the festival, taking in classical, film, jazz, comedy and theatre along the way…

This year I have absolutely nothing booked, not even my perennial favourites Stewart Lee and Richard Herring…



And I’m not performing anywhere myself either this year after managing gigs in each of the last five years of fests…

Anyhoo – bussed it back home through the pouring rain and revamped the opening sequence for the show, adding some gaps for spontaneous audience applause after each comedian’s introduction and elongating the music track to reflect said spaces…

Anne was out on the ran-dan with bestest chum Lynn and I was on taxi duty, driving into the Doric Bar to pick them up…

I took the opportunity to pop Jim’s new intro CDs through his door on the way past…

A reasonable day all in all…

Highlight of the Day : No Comedy for Old Men

No comments: