Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The stars are out...

Playlist
Alice cooper – Along came a Spider (Preview)
Spock’s Beard – Snow
Stars – In Our Bedroom After the War
The Blue Nile – Rarities 1984-1996 (CD-R)

In the wee small hours of this morning, I found a link to the new Alice Cooper album and enjoyed the 30 second excerpts of each track – looking forward to its release on 29 July...

Another look round the Zavvi sale today produced interest in a CD by a band called Stars...

The line up was intriguing – something which will sometimes prompt me to make an investment in a band – and, after some basic research on the net which showed the band to be Canadian – another plus point – I returned on my way home and shelled out a measly £4 for the CD with a bonus DVD...



And it is indeed good...

Football tonight for the second night running and it may have been a game too far...

I couldn’t get my legs to work early on and, at one point when I was a bit slow to the ball, I was knocked over and seemed to be seeing stars when I got back up...

Eventually I settled down but it wasn’t the greatest game I’ve ever played – 0-0 after 30 minutes till my old chum Mr Jim Park broke the deadlock – despite being the far inferior side on paper, once again the opponents’ finishing was dismal and we won 4-0...

Back home to some lovely pasta from Anne...

On telly, “Back to You” with Kelsey Grammar and the last ever “Law and Order” for Detective Briscoe...

Finished the day with some Blue Nile - who we'll see tomorrow night in concert...

Highlight of the Day : Despite tired, sore, immovable legs – the football...

1 comment:

Katy said...

I absolutely LOVE Stars! I'm glad you posted this because I hadn't realized they released another album after "Set Yourself On Fire"...which I highly recommend. It's so refreshing and honest.. I love their mixture of male and female vocals.

I'll have to go out and pick up "In our bedroom..."

cheers!