Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ten pounds of hell...

Playlist
Various – Hit Singles of 1972 (3xCDR)
Acoustic Ladyland – Skinny Grin
Various – MC 70’s Reggae
John Tomlinson – Great Scenes and Arias

What a great year 1972 was for hit singles...

Today I visited a record shop (yes I still call them record shops) which I’ve never really liked...

Zavvi (very stupid name), which used to be the Virgin Megastore...

I was enticed in by the prospect of a sale in progress...

Downstairs they had a few racks of CDs displayed spine outwards and headed up “special purchase” (i.e. shite that no-one else would take off the wholesaler’s hands)...

However, I managed to find five discs which took my fancy and bought three...

Leaving behind John McLaughlin & Shakti and a 1961 recording by Yusef Lateef, I took an album by feted new jazzers, Acoustic Ladyland to the counter, along with a 3CD set of 70’s reggae (which lasts barely 90 minutes, all in) and a 4CD box of arias by Basso Profundo, John Tomlinson...

Total outlay? £10...

Too much, in the Executive Producer’s opinion, as she pronounced Acoustic Ladyland’s sounds to be “fairly hellish”...



After a tasty steak salad, spent most of the evening doing updating things on the Crispycat Website and uploading volume five of the anthology to the Crispycat Library for you to download...

Four very funny taped episodes of "My Name is Earl" rounded off the day nicely...

Highlight of the Day : My Name is Earl - back on form...

No comments: