Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Still game...

Playlist
Music from Roxy Music; Peter Gabriel; The Bad Plus; Pink Floyd; Herman Van Veen; The Velvet Underground; The Blue Nile; UK; Brian Eno; Gentle Giant; Rush; Dar Williams; Francoise Hardy; Girls Aloud; Lemon Juice Quartet; Spock’s Beard; David Sylvian; Sparks; Cockney Rebel; The Tubes; Udo Lindenberg; Scars; Cloudland Blue Quartet
Kenny Burrell – Midnight Blue

Stayed up till 2 am last night compiling a list of my favourite artists and an accompanying jukebox playlist – which soundtracked the day today...

To the doc’s first thing for blood to be taken to find out whether I will be on anti- cholesterol medication for the rest of my days...

The good news is, I’m back on track with the weight loss following a couple of months struggling since our return from Germany – it’ll take several years’ long hard slog to lose five stones though...

Neither Zavvi nor HMV provided any stimulus at lunchtime...

In the evening, after perusing today’s Scotsman whilst enjoying a classic Blue Note album from ace guitarist Mr Kenny Burrell, it was off out to my second footie game this week...

Speaking of ace guitarists, I secured a ticket to see Allan Holdsworth in Glasgow in late September – this’ll be the third time I’ve witness this guitaring genius in a live setting – of course his music is an acquired taste and not even Dr Prog will accompany me...



While he is a world class guitarist, he’s never been a popular babysitter...

Anyway, the football...

Last week the darks (my team) thrashed the lights 4-0, despite the latter’s seeming insurmountable upper hand on paper...

As we had the same 14 tonight, last week’s lights demanded a re-match...

I thought we’d definitely lose, especially as our star player was running ten minutes late – but we weathered the early onslaught and ran out 6-0 winners...

Once again my old mucker Jim Park was on the score sheet and I even managed our sixth, after missing an almost open goal a few minutes before...

Early on, I did a good impression of Jack from “Still Game” as I chased a ball whilst appearing not to move at all...

I am definitely nearing the end of my, thus far, thirty nine year footballing career – but I’ll be along for two more games next week as the old legs don’t feel quite as bad as they did last week...

Yours in pain...

Highlight of the Day : Slotting in our sixth goal following a pitch long run and a deft turn – before almost collapsing from exhaustion...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, thought you might like this jazz muso, Luc Bartoli.
I downloaded his Manilla album at
http://freealbums.blogsome.com/2008/06/23/luc-bartoli-manila/


Check this out also http://deepgoa.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/luc-bartoli-manila-%C2%A6-jazz/

Good to hear you're still scoring!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers Stu - hope to see you in your town on 2 August...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Downloaded it too and will give it a listen

thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Cool, yeah i'll be around. Enjoy.