Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hippo-critic...

Playlist
Alice Cooper – Along Came a Spider
Mogwai – Government Commissions
Aqualung – Memory Man
Lindisfarne – Fog on the Tyne
Isaac Hayes – The Isaac Hayes Movement
Dio - intermission

To Zavvi at lunchtime and a £3 purchase of “The Isaac Hayes Movement” by, erm, Isaac Hayes – containing excellent covers of Dusty Springfield and The Beatles on “side two”...



Back home, Dio’s “Intermission” (disappointing in comparison to my memories of this on vinyl from the mid 80’s) had arrived from e-bay...

Lovely dinner from the Exec Producer yet again, with fillet steak and mash, onions, mushrooms and a wee bit of left over chorizo from last night...

Tasty indeed...

Did a couple more mixes of Jim Park’s intro piece for his Fringe Show and drove round with two more discs – collecting a large bag of rhubarb grown in his back garden in return...

Two episodes of a programme examining the workings of the reproductive organs of, firstly, the male of the species and then, the female – fascinating stuff...

I refused to watch Gordon Ramsay’s F Word as he “sky-fished” for puffins and killed and cooked them...

Of course, after eating a fillet steak this was hugely hypocritical of me...

Instead I surfed the net, updated my albums of the month and albums of the year blogs and read the blogs to which I link and listened to my new CDs...

Started a list of my favourite film of each year of my life, inspired by the “Punch It Chewie” blog in my links...

Highlight of the Day : Anne’s cooking once again – she’s good

No comments: