Sunday, July 27, 2008

The real deal...

Playlist
Alice Cooper – Along Came a Spider
Grand Funk Railroad – What’s Funk Live 1983
Grand Funk Railroad – LA Forum 1974
Haydn – London Symphonies
Beethoven – Complete String Quartets
Mozart – Complete String Quartets
J S Bach – The Six Suites for Solo Cello

Up at eight and finished my marathon Alice Cooper listen with the new album, then felt compelled to write the piece below...

Cleansed my palette with some live Grand Funk Railroad before moving from the ridiculous to the sublime in the form of symphonies by Haydn and quartets from Beethoven and Mozart...

I’ve not been mentioning it here but I have been playing the old geetar regularly recently, working on a set of around 10 or so songs which I should be able to play unassisted – to what end, I have no idea...

It was a scorcher today and Anne took advantage in the garden (where a further three courgettes are on their way, our eighth, ninth and tenth from the same plant) while I stayed indoors editing track details on the Jazz & Classical Jukebox, to make locating specific classical albums and composers easier whenever I’m out and about...

Noted that half my set of complete Mozart Quartets was missing, so I rectified that before heading to Anne’s mum’s for the fortnightly family tea...

Second curry in two days – just as well all we’d had to eat prior to that today was a bowl of cereal each...

Back home I finished off the Mozart quartet project whilst listening to some gorgeous Bach – making it a classical quartet for the day...



Tasty...

Ended the day with "Muriel's Wedding" - an excellent 90's Aussie film...

Highlight of the Day : Heavenly Music

No comments: