Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Take 'em back down again old man...

Playlist
Alice Cooper - Welcome to my Nightmare
Alice Cooper - Alice Cooper Goes to Hell
Alice Cooper - Lace and Whiskey
Alice Cooper - From the Inside
Alice Cooper - 25 (CD-R)
Polytechnic - Down Til Dawn
Dio - Sacred Heart

The Zavvi sale threw up a CD on which three of the five members of the band are cited as playing mellotron (along with various other instruments) - and so it was that Polytechnic made their way into the Crispycat Library...

Back home and the first CD from e-bay in a long time had arrived - following Sunday's trawl for Dio related product, the classic 1985 album "Sacred Heart" emerged from the jiffy bag and hits such as "Hungry for Heaven" entertained...



The Coop also entertained via his (non-music playing, merely chatting) appearance on "The One Show"...

Back to football tonight and it was supposed to be a "strong" six versus a "weaker" seven (my team) - but two of the weaklings failed to appear, so it was six v five and I was in the underdog team...

Amazingly, we went 4-1 up, but, eventually, our heroic defending collapsed and it went to 4-4 before we were given one of the opposition's players...

Soon it was 8-4, our fifth and sixth coming courtesy of the very boots I was thinking of hanging up yesterday...

Of course I also missed three other "one on ones" with opposing keepers including Mr Jim Park (although I did put the ball through his legs for my second goal)...

And I am still trying to get the horrible aroma of the insides of our "goalie gloves" off of my hands!!

Highlight of the Day : Not such a bad effort at the old footie....

No comments: