Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not kilometres...

Playlist
Allan Holdsworth – Discography on Shuffleplay
Leonard Cohen – The Best of
Miles Davis – Live at the Plugged Nickel 1965
Miles Davis – Get Up with It
Miles Davis – E.S.P.
Miles Davis – Water babies

Not much to report today...

Soundtracked by Allan Holdsworth, including his work with Tony Williams’ Lifetime, Bill Bruford and Chad Wackerman...

In the evening, after dipping into the Best of Leonard Cohen, inspired by the five star review of him last night at Edinburgh Castle by my old chum Martin Lennon, I browsed through a biography of, and the autobiography of, Miles Davis whilst listening to some tracks from his 1965 set at the Plugged Nickel and his 32 minute tribute to Duke Ellington, “He Loved Him Madly”, from his 1974 release, “Get Up With It”...

After watching some comedy (“Mock the Week” and “Lab Rats” – the latter is dreadful), more Miles whilst awaiting the arrival of “My Name is Earl”...

I have 123 Miles Davis CDs...



That may well be too many...

Highlight of the Day : Allan Holdsworth and Miles Davis’ music

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

Dear Mr.CBQ, I think You'll find that you can never have enough Miles Davis. Back in the 80s I had a vinyl double album of the Plugged Nickel which I played till the grooves wore out. A Fantastic album. To my eternal regret I passed up on buying the six CD set of the Nickel sessions when they were released and are now only available if you're prepared to sell your children into slavery. When I'm in the states next month this is the top of my list of must-haves if I come across a copy.Whatever it takes. Granted there are some rubbish MIles Davis albums, but too many? Never!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Aye you're right enough Sid - what was I thinking??

If your quest is fruitless, you know where to come...