Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The lure of chocolate...

First orders have started arriving for the new CDs - hurrah!

And I was feeling a bit more confident re moving around today, to the extent that I actually used my crutches to go up and down the stairs. A bit of a risk I know when I'm alone in the house - but it wasn't the stairs which ended up being my downfall...

Mid afternoon, after I'd already been downstairs, moved a chair to the kitchen sink and done the washing up to help Anne out a bit, I was back up stairs at the computer when the doorbell rang...

I hobbled to the window fully expecting to have to tell another double glazing salesman to eff off (as I had to do yesterday) when I saw the balloon with "Get Well Soon" written on it and I thought, "hmm there might be some chocolate down there"...

So I had to try and get downstairs to open the front door....

Unfortunately, as I turned round from the window, in trying to dodge through various clothes horses and stuff sharing the room with the computer, I lost my balance and fell over against a wardrobe and then down onto the floor with a loud crash and much shouting and swearing.....

The delivery guy sounded a bit startled as he called through the letter box to see if I was ok....

I lied, saying I was fine but couldn't quite get to the door and to just leave the stuff on the doorstep...

Eventually, after around ten minutes of lying on the floor saying "owya ma leg" and other less savoury utterances, I managed to get back up....

After a suitable rest period, I finally made it down to the front door and somehow managed to drag the basket into the house with one of my crutches....

So while it's a big thank you to everyone who got together to send me the biggest basket of fruit (much of it exotic stuff) I've ever seen (plus a very small box of Belgian chocolates - but there's a limit to how many of those you can eat before being sick, so it's a case of "small is beautiful"), ironically, this very basket might have indirectly added to my recouperation time...

Spent the evening dozing on the settee with my leg up whilst listening to Spock's Beard on the jukebox...

No comments: