Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's weird in here...

Up early again (6 am) and once again I'm wasting my time surfing the net for nothing in particular. I decide to increase the number of links from the journal, adding many of my favourites..

Ian Sclater is due at 12 for a five hour session concentrating on vocals as we near the end of the project. At 10 I am doing four days worth of dishes and at 11 I am out in the car heading for Patisserie Florentin to pick up a couple of croissants...

After a quick breakfast back home, I set up for the session and Ian arrives around 12:45. For the next four hours we work hard, mainly on vocals, but also record a new backing track for one of the songs...

By 4:45 I am working on quick mixes to burn a disc for Ian to take away and analyse the vocal performances to pick out lines to be redone next week...

The track list is looking like this (*featuring CBQ on guitar):-

Always More*
Back On The Good Earth
Black Silk*
Candle to St Valentine
I Am The Light
Isabella
It's Weird In Here
Reveille*
Seasons Song*
She Paints Landscapes
The End Of Another Day*
This Time Around
When Blue Skies Turn To Grey*

Then it was round to Anne's mum's for the fortnightly family tea. Anne's mum is very pleased that I have renounced vegetarianism and turned again to the ways of the dark side - it means she no longer has to cook two separate dishes....

The Switch tournament recovenes tonight though we only have time for four rather than eight hands as Ollie, our nephew, phones to say he's left his, ahem "laptop" (toy computer) behind and can Uncle David bring it to his house. How can I resist the wee man's request? Before leaving I am crowned Champion of Switch (Anne is second this week and, in two tournaments, Craig is yet to win a hand...)

After also taking "Switch Loser" Craig (drunk on drinking whiskey and Coke all afternoon for some reason - may have contributed to his Switch Performance?) home to his flat, Anne watches TV while I do some more thought out mixes of the Sclater tracks, including trying out a few tricks and burn it to a CD which I listen to before heading to bed...

A choc-ful weekend is over...

No comments: