Friday, November 25, 2005

Snowfall...

Up early today to prepare to go back to hospital to attend the "fractures clinic". Everything takes an awful lot longer when you're on crutches and can only put one foot on the ground...

Then, just as we are leaving, it starts to pour with snow making the journey a bit precarious...

It takes almost an hour to get to the infirmary - I wouldn't want to have to do this for a real emergency! Anne is a star behind the wheel in these treacherous conditions...

Once there I am seen almost immediately - the consultant doesn't even speak to me or indeed look at me as I lie on a table with Wednesday night's cast having been removed. He mumbles something to the "plaster technician" and, next thing I'm having a new cast applied...

It turns out I must return next week to have an X Ray taken through this new cast to determine whether my bones will grow back together naturally or whether I will need an operation to have a pin inserted into my leg...

Judging by today's performance re the short walk to exit the house and get to the car, I won't be leaving again until next week's proposed hospital visit..

Back home I set up a webchat with Webmeister Craig...Today we have microphones so it's like a free videocall - here we are...you can see the top of one of my crutches in the background...



Later I post to Out of the Bedroom re the forthcoming release of the three new CDs....

I won't have much else to do apart from burn these and send them out so I'm hoping for a few orders...

No comments: