Sunday, November 13, 2005

Any given Sunday...

I hold my hands up...

This is a journal of very few insights...

I'd love to be able to home in on one particular happening on any given day and write about it at length, either in a comedic style or with some passion and/or incisive wit...

Unfortunately I don't have it in me - or maybe I do - but really, this is a diary of the "what I did today" variety - so here's what I did today:-

Up at 7:30 surfing the net re Alice Cooper after last night's gig. The best site I've ever found is at www.alicecoopertrivia.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk - it's called Sick Things, after the song on Billion Dollar Babies. It also has set lists for every show Alice has ever done since the early 80's and tour setlists for the 70's...

So of course I had to collate the setlists for all the shows I've attended since the Glasgow Apollo in February 1982 onto an Excel spreadsheet and carry out some analysis re most featured album ("Welcome to my Nightmare") etc. All in all I've seen 80 different Cooper songs played live (four have been played every time I've seen him)...

OK so that took me till 10:30 by which time Anne was up, as was Meg the Black Cat, and both were looking for their breakfast...

At 11am, when I should have been silent and thoughtful, I was driving to the local supermarket for a loaf of bread...

After a late, late breakfast, I made plenty of suggestions to Anne as to what we might do but all were turned down. I took the car to the carwash and then, in the end, after an episode of "Enterprise" on the video, Anne spent some time on the internet researching Thai cooking and possible holidays for us for 2006....

In the meantime I spent around 3 hours sorting the CDs in the back room. I had around 150 to integrate into the alpha order and, as each section of discs in the "wall of sound" holds only 12, there was much shuffling to and fro with handfuls of CDs...

In the evening we mainly watched TV although I also took some time out to transfer the new discs by Brad Mehldau, Enchant and the Addison Project onto the Jukebox...

Truly it is a glamourous and glitzy lifestyle...

No comments: