Monday, November 07, 2005

The man who sold the world...

Tonight our good friend Mr James Jamieson pops by and we talk about the latest situation at Hearts. Both Jamie and Anne are season ticket holders while I am inevitably au fait with all things Hearts as they are one of Anne's greatest passions....

After deciding the media (other than a few people on the radio) are stupid fools who are always seeing the negative side of everything, Jamie and I go upstairs to inspect the acoustic bass. As I suspect, the action is a bit high. Jamie will take it to his house and I've given him carte blanche to do with it what he will to get it into a satisfactory state. He's a better bassist than I and, since I've just finished my album, I have no use for it at present...

Jamie's brought a small USB Media Carrier thing which plugs into the computer and is recognised as "Drive F". From this we listen to three new James Jamieson recordings - "Ribbons of Pride", "The First Line" and his version of Bowie's "The Man Who Sold The World"..

The first has a full production including Jamie playing violin. It's a good song (as most of JJ's are). The second is his latest and features just voice and guitar. It's a first bash down onto tape type recording but the song shines through. His cover of "The Man Who.." is top stuff and features some weird drumming...

As to whether these will ever see the light of day we'll need to wait and see - but I copied them to my hard drive for future listening in any case...

We had promised to go back down for a coffee later but miss the opportunity as we listen back to some Ian Sclater tracks and a couple of CBQ/Alice Cooper cover versions, by which time Jamie has to go to be back home in time to see the Hearts game on Scotsport SPL and hear what the pundits are saying now about the new Hearts first team coach, Graham Rix...

After JJ leaves, Anne and I watch Scotsport SPL but I fall asleep after the Hearts game and it's off to bed by 12...

2 comments:

jimbo said...

I hear that Hearts have now also appointed Gary Glitter as their "Director of Football" !

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

They could do worse...