Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Alma mater...

A visit to my mum in Loanhead tonight and she is looking well and is on fine form...

Unlike recent visits we've decided to arrive later, having had our tea at home and spent some quality time with Meg the black cat before setting out for the wilds of Midlothian....

This means we can stay later...

Topics of conversation include:-
What various family members are up to...
What we think of what they're up to...
The new Hearts manager - we manage to steer clear of any controversy, although I can sense my mum itching to give us her two cents worth re Mr Rix' extra-footie record - she recently accused Hearts supremo Vladimir Romanov of making his millions from "probably gun-running"
Current TV favourites - "Spooks" is a hit with us all...
Mum reminiscing about cruises she was on with my dad....
Anne and I would prefer a European railway holiday to a cruise - we feel rail travel, unlike cruising where you only travel at night, gives a sense of actually travelling, if you see what we mean....

Back home late, I copy a couple of CDs then off to bed just after midnight. I'm listening to the jukebox on shuffle play to the total of 354 tracks included on all the albums I acquired in October...

I hear around 3 before falling asleep...

No comments: