Friday, October 19, 2007

Soporific...

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Mendelssohn – String Quartets
Uriah Heep – Travellers in Time : Anthology
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Anthology
Fripp & Eno – Evening Star
Allan Holdsworth - Velvet Darkness
Coldplay - The Remixes

Another sleepless night...

Anne was up early as she was off to Manchester with Lynn this morning – and off she went just after 8 am as if she was just going to work...

I pottered about and then watched the third of the Bill Bailey DVDs – this one, the most recent (“Part Troll”) was probably the best and included his famous piss-take of U2’s guitar sound and a tribute to Kraftwerk, wherein the Teutonic quartet gave their supposed rendition of the Hokey-Cokey...

My mum called and I invited her round for coffee at 2..

Of course when she got here the medication was kicking in and that, coupled with my lack of visits to the Land of Nod over the last week, led to me fall asleep on the settee while we watched “Dead Men Don’t wear Plaid”...

Mum woke me around 4:15 advising she was going to get going in order to beat the rush hour traffic...

I continued to “rest”..

Around 7, I was wide awake again and called her to apologise for my soporific state earlier on – she advised it took her over an hour to make the 20 minute journey home...

I recorded “Coronation St” for Anne while listening to Fripp & Eno’s classic “Evening Star” album then, upstairs to bugger about in hyperspace again...



Meg the Black Cat was off out on her nightly patrols...

Probably watched more TV than usual, “Have I Got News For You” at 9, “Not Going Out” at 9:30 then I fell asleep again during “QI”...

Anne texted from Manchester – she and Lynn had met up with Macclesfield Craig and his brother Pete and they were on the guest list for a gig in the Northern Quarter...

Caught a little of “Newsnight” and “Jonathon Ross” before taking more pills and heading past midnight with the PC, surfing my links and e-bay and generally just staying up because I didn't want to go to bed...

A strange, lonely day...

Highlight of the Day : Texts from Anne and a visit from my mum...

No comments: