Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Shock to the system...

Playlist
Kronos Quartet - Phillip Glass String Quartets 2-5
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out

A shock today as, in the mail, came a letter from the infirmary...

I am to go on Friday morning for my pre-op check-up and next Tuesday is the day of my shoulder operation...

I knew it was coming but I thought I'd have a bit more notice...

Of course I am immediately trepidatious (if that's a word), more so after going back and reading about my op last year and the aftermath thereof...

This time it's the right shoulder so I may very well look like this a week today...



Out in the evening to Count Brodski's ex-girlfirend and our (and his) continuing chum, Julie's, for she has given birth, just six weeks ago, to Daisy Honey-Bee - yes I know, stupid name but there are reasons behind it...

Julie's not had a great time of it over the last few years but the baby is her dream come true...

DHB is very small and resembles Elvis Presley in his 50's prime...

Back home and we ended the night watching a fairly pointless yet engaging documentary on the children who sang on Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall Pt 2"...

To bed with dread...

Highlight of the Day : An introduction to Daisy Honey-Bee

2 comments:

Sky Clearbrook said...

Good luck for Tuesday!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers Mr S