Saturday, October 20, 2007

Robbing hoods...

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Uriah Heep – Studio Anthology 1998-1970
Plus tracks from:-
Birdsongs of the Mesozoic – Sonic Geology
Various – Burning For Buddy
Brian Eno – 77 Million Paintings
A Silver Mount Zion – He Has Left Us...
Fennesz/Sakamoto – Cendre
Mingo Lewis – Flight Never Ending
Tangerine Dream – Sheffield 1974
Cluster – Sowiesoso
Paul McCartney – Memory Almost Full
Coldplay – The Remixes
Randy Pie – Highway Driver
Randy Pie – Kitsch
Nine Horses – Money For All
Larry Coryell – Spaces Revisited
Tony Williams’ Lifetime – Emergency
Return to Forever – Where have I Known You Before
Allan Holdsworth – Velvet Darkness

Woken by the phone at 9:40 – a very long lie in for me for a change, which might have been even longer – it was Anne to say she’d been struck down by food poisoning of some sort...

Luckily her trip wasn’t ruined as I received word later in the day that she was out and about and in the evening I was advised that she and Lynn were back out on the town...

As for me, well I was up and about by around 10am and decided to burn the majority of the discs I have on the hard drive at present – all in all 21 new CDs were added to the collection...

Then I compiled a 20 track disc with one each from all of Uriah Heep’s studio albums...

Watched a dreadful programme, “Mobile Act Unsigned” which was a kind of trendy version of “The X Factor” for bands playing original music – the panel comprised that annoying blonde DJ who smiles all the time and is “down with the kids” (Jo Whiley), an A&R guy from Universal (who are offering a contract to the winners) and Alex James (is it?) from Blur – joined this week by guest judge Calvin Harris...

Suffice to say the panel’s tastes did not really dovetail with my own – in fact it was rather frightening to see what they thought was “brilliant” and “best song I’ve heard all year”...

While trawling the Radio Times tonight to try and find the name of the annoying DJ, I note that Radio 1 now has a two hour “Punk Rock Show” – do you think they’ll ever have a two hour “Prog Rock Show”?

Finally watched “Pan’s Labyrinth” – a very good film, if a bit violent in places and a tear jerking ending...

In fact, almost the entire rest of the day was spent watching TV (and taking painkillers) – “Michael Palin’s New Europe”, “The Culture Show”, bits of the Rugby World Cup Final – a good show from England, though they never looked like winning – “The Vicar of Dibley” (first episode) and then “Robin Hood” which I’d taped earlier...

Then a quick surf and off to bed...

Or so I thought...

While typing this with the headphones on, I heard some thumping from the house next door – on investigating, I found three or four youths trying to kick their way into the house...

Incapacitated as I was re the arm op, I couldn’t wade in with a big iron bar and beat the shit out of them even if I’d had the courage to...

So I called the police and then the neighbours in question, who came home immediately but the kids had run off...

All the other neighbours heard it too and some saw it – so we had a strange kind of neighbours meeting in the street around midnight with seven households represented...

The police arrived and advised they’d apprehended some suspects and now it was statement time – so I’m sitting up waiting for them to return with their paperwork...

Apparently this gang of little shits has been going around these parts for the last month or so, out of their faces and carrying out break ins...

Dirty wee bastards...

If this was CSI, I’d be able to manipulate this picture to see their faces...



But it isn't...

The police woman returned around 1:15 am to take my statement and left around 2 am...

I don't know why they aren't just equipped with videocameras or even sound recorders to take statments - it would free up so much time...

Of course if it ever comes to court I fully expect the wee bastards to get off on some technicality or other...

Meanwhile it's now four hours since I first decided to go to bed so it's over and out for me...

Highlight of the Day : Crime fighting

No comments: