Saturday, October 06, 2007

Searching, finding, achieving...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal
Mendelsohn - String Quartets
Various Composers - 100 Best Baroque
The Divine Comedy - A Secret History
The Divine Comedy - Fin de Siecle
Four Tet - Remixes
Edward Spark - She Don't Like Techno EP
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain
Daryl Hall - Sacred Songs
Faithless - Forever Faithless
The Rolling Stones - The London Years
King Tubby - Crucial Dub
Genesis - Carpet Crawl '99
Rush - Snakes & Arrows
Various - Acoustic 3
King Crimson - A Young Person's Guide to King Crimson
Bob Dylan - Masterpieces
Lou Reed - NYC Man

Up around 5:30 and I was a man with a mission - and that mission was to research how I could put my music up on the net in full quality MP3 format without running out of webspace on the Crispycat website...

Without going into all the trial and error scenarios, suffice to say I eventually succeeded and, after around three hours, the new album was up and available for all and sundry to dip into and the Crispycat site had been amended allowing people to hear, with a couple of mouse clicks, exactly what I've been working on for the last two years...

Tomorrow I will add some Creek to the site - I'm listening to "1.0.0" as I type this up...

After some dish washing with the masters of the baroque and breakfast accompanied by Mendelssohn's string quartets, which I saw on Robert Fripp's diary the other day, he has been partaking of too, and some tweaking of the new online music facility, we headed uptown around 11 for the Record Fair with Count Brodski and Dr Prog...

As we walked along to the venue I received a text from Brodski - no Record Fair, his information was wrong...

Some communication by mobile allowed the four musketeers to meet up at FOPP instead...

As usual, I spent some considerable time walking around with CDs in my hand which I knew I'd never listen to (much), e.g. Ted Nugent, Ben Harper, The Clash, Gene Simmons - but, in the end I bought just one disc, a best of collection from The Divine Comedy - a band I never liked until earlier this year when one of their songs popped up on Pitchfork and I immediately put them on the radar...

Brodski partook of a Laura Nyro album while the good doctor availed himself of "Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds" on DVD and a 2 disc set of John Wetton and John Payne era Asia...

Meanwhile, Anne wandered around, bumping into each of us at different stages of the select and purchase ritual and, generally, waited for the point where we could all just go for a coffee...

That point eventually arrived and we sat outside Jenners enjoying come Kaffee and Kuchen (or chicken sandwiches in Dr Prog's case and Hot Chocolate instead of coffee for the Count)...



With an agreement in place (post-op shoulder pain dependent) to meet up a week on Wednesday for the viewing of the 1978 Peter Gabriel concert and, possibly, dinner for Anne and I at Brodski Manor next weekend in celebration of our 24th wedding anniversary, we bade each other farewell and headed off into the sun...

Once home, Anne prepared for her visit to Tynecastle (Hearts 4 Falkirk 2 - both Falkirk goals were blatently offside) while I continued to work on "stuff" including copies of "Ersatzreal" for sister in law Jane ("she'll never listen to that" opined Anne) and brother-in-law Keith's partner, Maureen - they each celebrate a birthday on Wednesday and it is the birthday tea tomorrow night...

Also listened to the divine Divine Comedy and burned another album of theirs I've had on the hard drive for a while and a Four Tet 2CD set, while printing off covers for six albums burned last month...

Meanwhile Queens were beaten at home by Dr Prog's favourites, Dunfermline, 1-0...

QoS had a penalty saved in the last minute - they are now down to 9th spot and have taken just one point from the last possible nine - it's not looking good...

In the evening, "Strictly Come Dancing" started again followed by the new series of "Robin Hood" - both are tosh but will no doubt become Saturday night favourites over the coming months...

While Anne read up about Hearts and just how much Falkirk's two goals today were offside, I listened to a few records before we retired to the living room for "Match of the Day" - Aston Villa were lucky to win today - I omitted to mention I watched a sterling fightback against them by sister Pam's team Spurs on Monday night, 4-1 down back to 4-4 with the equalising goal in the last seconds of injury time...

All in all a busy rewarding day - trying not to think about Tuesday....

Highlight of the Day : Putting up my MP3s and meeting up with chums...

No comments: