Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rush, push, dash...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Tracks dumped from Ersatzreal
Rush - R30 DVD
King Crimson - Eyes Wide Open DVD
King Crimson - Heavy ConstruKction (CD 3 Improvs)

Anne was out tonight so, forgetting we had some of her lovely pasta left over from last night, I treated myself to a Chinese and watched the first half of Aberdeen's European game - a 1-1 draw ended an exceptional week for Scotland's teams...

I heeded what the old guy at Partick Thistle said a couple of weeks ago though...

Why should you support Scottish teams in Europe other than your own? If they do well, they make financial gains which merely widens the gap between them and your own team...

Fair enough...

After wasting time on the PC, I watched Rush's "R30" DVD, filmed during their tour in 2004 - which Anne and I saw, kind of. We had to crane our necks for 3 hours at the Glasgow SECC just to see the tops of the wonder-trio's heads...



So, this year, when the tour was announced and I saw it was to be the SECC again, I passed, preferring instead to watch them in the comfort of my own home...

Thanks to old music buddy Mr Rip Reynolds for pointing me in the direction of the Scotsman's review of last night's show - wonder of wonders - a fair review of a gig by an unfashionable band...

The truth will out...

Fell asleep watching King Crimson - due to tiredness, not the quality of the music - before receiving the call to go and collect a rather worse for wear Anne...

Home again in time to see This week...

Highlight of the Day : Rush

No comments: