Monday, October 29, 2007

Do the hokey cokey...

Playlist
Various - Jukebox Shuffleplay

Spent the entire evening trying in vain to fix the computer...

Having consulted IT Guru (and builder of our system), Martin, he advised that the Motherboard we have should have USB 2.0 drivers on its installation CD and all I needed to do was reinstall the content of the motherboard CD...

So, I did this and, indeed, the ports became superfast USB 2.0 ports (for free when it would've cost £50 for PC World's time and USB 2.0 card)...

However, on rebooting, I found I'd lost the internet connection...

Try as I might I couldn't get it back...

Very, very annoying and frustrating..

Eventually, after around 5 hours, I gave up and went to bed...

At no point this evening was I to be seen relaxing on the settee...



Highlight of the Day : USB 2.0 Ports achieved (but at a cost)...

No comments: