Tuesday, October 16, 2007

One kay...

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Various Composers –100 Best Baroque
Flower Kings – Instant Delivery (DVD)
Various – Hits Downtown to Down Down (CD-R)
Electric Light Orchestra – Singles 1972-78 (CD-R)

Just a brief entry today – No. 1,000...

Apparently, the letter "A" does not appear in the English spelling of any number lower than "one thousand" (I suppose unless you use the word "and" somewhere)...

Up at 4:28 and had some toast to allow me to take my first pills of the day - accompanied by some juice and coffee as I sat with Meg the Black cat and read every page on Teletext whilst running down the battery once again on the Jukebox...

Anne got up around 7:30 and set off to work leaving me to my own devices...

Fell asleep listening to the glory of Mediterranean Baroque – the telly was on with the sound down – made the mistake of putting it up when I awoke and watched some of “Jeremy Kyle” – never again...

Of course I’m not really ill (apart from the nausea caused by the medication), I just have an extremely sore shoulder and arm...

Fetched a Flower Kings DVD Dr Prog copied for me a while back and promptly fell asleep watching that..

Meg didn’t seem interested in going out – she was happy to just lie on me all day...

Started my exercises - the three easy ones first of all...

In the evening we watched an episode from the original “Batman” TV series and “Oz & James’s Big Wine Adventure” – they’re in America this time – this will become a staple...

Listened to some ELO...


Then the triumphant return of “Spooks” – I could watch this show all day, every day – “The Grumpy Guide to Teenagers” was followed by next week’s Spooks on BBC3 – now I can’t wait till the next one...

Highlight of the Day : The return of Spooks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a smooth recovery... all the best, Paul H.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers Paul - I know it'll be fine but need to keep that thought at the forefront of my mind - it's just a very long-lasting sore arm...

Anonymous said...

Get unsore soon!

Ali

Anonymous said...

Hey D, hope your long-lasting arm gets better soon.
I booked out a double CD of 'Classic Prog Rock' today from the library, thought you'd be proud.
Chin up buddy.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Ali - I'm getting there

Stu - To quote Sir Alex ferguson - "I'm pwoud, vewy pwoud"...Enjoy young man, enjoy!