Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Accidental erasure and intentional gushing...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Erstazreal
Mendelssohn - String Quartets 1-6

Watched football – Rangers away at Lyon managed an impressive 3-0 victory while Arsenal won 1-0 as did Man Utd...

As usual I got bored just after half time and came upstairs to do some stuff on the PC...

Webmeister Craig has updated the Crispycat site with the details of “Ersatzreal” but, in doing so, accidentally erased my “Complete Discography” from the music page...

It took me 2.5 hours to put it back, however, that gave me a golden opportunity to enjoy some more string quartets by Mr Mendelssohn, having purchased this 3 disc set in the HMV sale today...



Tasty...

Some really exciting stuff over on Robert Fripp's diary (exciting for me anyway and people like me). Fripp is remastering some of my all time favourite music i.e his two albums recorded in the mid 70's with Brian Eno, "Fripp & Eno (No Pussyfooting)" and "Evening Star"...

He is only now discovering the wonder of playing "The Heavenly Music corporation" at 16 RPM rather than the standard 33 and a 1/3rd RPM - a delight I first encountered at the tender age of 15 in 1974...

And, wonder of wonders, he has unearthed the tape loops he and Eno used in their famous Paris concert of 1975 and is contemplating reusing them and recording new solos over the top...

Oh yes - if this comes to anything I will be ecstatic...

OK that's enough gushing...

Highlight of the Day : Possible new Fripp & Eno...

No comments: