Thursday, October 18, 2007

Comic book guy....

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Larry Coryell – Spaces Revisited
John McLaughlin – Electric Dreams
Allan Holdsworth – Velvet Darkness
Porcupine Tree – Fear of a Blank Planet
David Bowie – Outside Outtakes
Cluster – Sowiesoso
Nine Horses – Money For All
Glenn Gould – At the Cinema
Various – The World’s Greatest Trance

Up later today, 7:30 – still not sleeping much – pain in the night combined with nausea and dehydration re the painkillers’ side-effects...

To make matters worse today, upon waking I realised I’d been lying on my right side for what must have been much of the night...

Idiot!

Of course I can’t shave right now and Anne reckons I am beginning to look like a cross between two Simpsons characters - Comic Book Guy and Homer’s oldest friend, Barney Gumble...



In the morning I cheered myself up by watching two Bill Bailey DVDs – which were reasonably funny but not the laughfest I’d expected...

In the afternoon I found an Allan Holdsworth album to download which has long been unavailable – excellent news...

In the evening watched a taped “Ugly Betty” while we enjoyed a Chinese meal as Anne is off to Manchester tomorrow morning with her best friend Lynn and won’t be back till Sunday...

Then “Holby City” after which Anne watched “Who Do You Think You Are” – it seems Olympic champion rower Mathew Pinsent is a descendent of King John – of course if you go back far enough we must all be related to everyone else in some way...

While this was on, I enjoyed some superb Trance Music in the headphones...

“Question Time” and “This Week” brought matters to a close...

Highlight of the Day : “new” Allan Holdsworth

No comments: