Saturday, October 27, 2007

Home made triumph...

Playlist
Various – My last 100 CDs
Jewel – Goodbye Alice in Wonderland
Pet Shop Boys – Pop Art
Uriah Heep – Live in Europe 1979
Ketil Bjornstad/David Darling – The River
Suzanne Vega – Beauty and Crime

Worked on the PC first thing at 7:30 while waiting for Anne to surface...

A new Uriah Heep double live CD arrived from e-bay and entertained me while I waited...

Soon we were on the road heading for Patisserie Florentin only to find it packed out, with no room for us...

So we went round the corner to the wee Italian place on St Stephen’s Street and enjoyed a croissant and Latte (me) and strange Italian sandwich and white coffee (Anne)...

Tasty...

Then a stroll down to Stockbridge and I visited the Oxfam music shop, picking up a great little piano and cello CD on the ECM label by Ketil Bjornstad and David Darling...

We listened to this on the way home, where Anne did some tidying up in the garden while I compiled a “one track each” folder of MP3s from the last 100 CDs I’ve acquired, with a view to putting 50 each on the two 250MB MP3 players I have...

This took me till around half time of the footie afternoon – Hearts tanked 3-1 away to Kilmarnock and QoS managing a draw away at Livingston to go bottom of the league (but only 3 points off fifth – such is the closeness of this division)...

Updated the diary and downloaded Suzanne Vega’s “Beauty and Crime” while Anne watched “Strictly Come Dancing”...

Then, as Anne gave the final touches to her latest in home-made curries, a chicken tikka massala, I watched “Robin Hood” – it really is dreadful rubbish but I can’t resist it...

Suffice to say the curry was superb – very tasty!


Post meal we listened to the Bjornstad/Darling CD whilst we read – only to discover an annoying fault in the hi-fi which will require some attention..

Finished the day with “Match of the Day”...

Highlight of the Day : Anne’s home made curry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't understand what the appeal is in a 'Latte'. Isn't it just warm milk with a trace of coffee? What a waste.

It's a wimmin's drink, a drink for wimmin.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Wimmin's drink or no - it's the one for me!

A Latte is in fact just a hot milk - what we are served in the UK as a Latte is actually a Latte Machiatto - meaning a milk with a hint of coffee...