Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The supreme procrastinator...

Playlist
Laurie Anderson - Town Hall Concert, NY, September 2001 (2CD)
95 Various Artists – Best of the Best (Jukebox Playlist)
Bonnie “Prince” Billy – The Greatest Palace Music
Yes – Going For The One
Yes – Union
Cloudland Blue Quartet – One Hour Track 2
Robert Fripp – Time Stands Still

Woke up today completely deaf in my right ear – which was rather annoying...

I’ve now had this cold-like infection for over 10 weeks – I remember it started a couple of days before the shoulder op because I bought some Vicks medication that day but stopped taking it so the op wouldn’t be cancelled...

The deafness lasted most of today...

Anne is also still coughing away...

Roll on summer...

A visit to the physiotherapist today - she is pleased with my progress and has upgraded one exercise whilst adding another new one...

I now have nine albums sitting on the hard drive to burn to CD for posterity:-

Air; Bonnie “Prince” Billy; Joanna Newsom; Keith Jarrett; La Dusseldorf; Marillion; Matching Mole; The Good The Bad and The Queen; Yo La Tengo...

I also have numerous concerts by Rheostatics...

It’s things like these that drive me on – I don’t know what I’d do if one day I got to the stage where I had no jobs waiting to be done – of course, I am the supreme procrastinator...

That fount of all (web-based) knowledge, Wikipedia, says:-

"Procrastination is the deferment or avoidance of an action or task and is often linked to perfectionism.

For the person procrastinating this may result in stress, a sense of guilt, the loss of productivity, the creation of crisis, and the chagrin of others for not fulfilling one's responsibilities or commitments.

While it is normal for individuals to procrastinate to some degree, it becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning. Chronic procrastination may be a sign of an underlying psychological or physiological disorder."

Hmm...

I realised tonight that I have become a “Coronation St” addict. I used to be able to quite easily miss a few episodes and come back to it without caring, but now I have to see every one...

Other telly? Why the latest episode of “Desperate Housewives” of course...

Also tonight, I created another experimental track on the new studio set up, again around 1:30 time wise, and no doubt destined to be an extra track on a CD single or something at some point...

And I downloaded the latest free track from DGM Live, another soundscape from Robert Fripp – I love that music...

This is the cover of his performance of 30 November 2000, played in the foyer of the World Financial Center, NY - which was of course destroyed 10 months later...



Hey ho...

Highlight of the Day : The moment my ear unblocked (no doubt only to block tomorrow...)

No comments: