Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Almost there, but probably not quite...

Playlist
Stefano Landi – Homo fugit velut umbra
Alice Cooper - Killer
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Happy Apple - Youth Oriented
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Three EPs 2007

Another Cooper day music-wise as I moved on to two of their "big" albums...

As I listened, I suddenly realised how I've always kind of undervalued the "School's Out" album but there's not a dull moment on there...



Apparently the original desk lid used on this cover is in a Hard Rock Cafe somewhere...

More new music today too as the two Happy Apple albums arrived from the States - superb minimal jazz - sax, bass and drums (the latter provided by Dave King of The Bad Plus) - and it reminds me a little of the Lemon Juice Quartet, a jewish band we saw in a little club in Krakow a few years back and whose albums are prize possessions for me...

In the evening, I worked on CBQ music again, a third remix track "He Thinks of You" - and finished this off even more quickly than last night's track...

I'm moving towards three simultaneous EP releases I think...

I worked out provisional track lists....

The new series of CSI started tonight - great to have it back and the initial double bill rounded off the day nicely - though, watching them "live", the five minute ad breaks are a pain in the butt...

Highlight of the Day : Almost there with some new EPs...

No comments: