Friday, January 12, 2007

Not quite...

Playlist
Rheostatics – Barrymore’s Ottowa 1996 (2CD)
CPE Bach – The Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus
Rahsaan Roland Kirk – Introducing...
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Acoustic Ersatzreal
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Deeperdown

To FOPP at lunchtime today and I bought an introduction to the music of Rahsaan Roland Kirk, which features highlights of his career with Atlantic from 1965-1976 (to which I am listening as I write – and good, occasionally weird, occasionally good-time stuff it is too). Mr Kirk was of course famous for his music but also for the fact that he was blind and had the ability to play two saxophones at once...



Later in the day I returned to HMV’s classical dept to try and help them out of their recently announced doldrums and bought CPE Bach’s “The Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus” - which was just the job back home in the kitchen as I helped Anne prepare tonight’s chicken curry with boiled rice and chapattis...

Mmm, mmm...

Highlight of the evening was the double bill of “Coronation Street” in which the most evil of evil young ladies, Tracey Barlow, attempted to murder less than nice Mr Charlie Stubbs. Everyone knew this was going to happen tonight but perhaps not that Mr Stubbs would survive the attack with a “weak pulse”..

I’m pretty sure the character will be dead by next Wednesday but am hoping against hope that Tracey finally gets the comeuppance she’s deserved for so long...

Mrs Quartet and I made a bit of a hash of re-enacting the attempted murder scene, and merely succeeding in knocking a glass of rather expensive Argentinean red wine off the arm of the settee (which I must admit was a pretty stupid place to put it) and on to the floor and all over the living room carpet, leaving shards of glass scattered around in a big puddle of tasty vino...

So the final scenes of the programme were watched at full volume in order that they might be heard over the sound of the hoover....

Idiots...

Later on I went on to my myspace site (which, for my sins, I seldom visit) and decided to add three songs to it, to join the demo version of "I Still Write You Letters" which features Mr James Jamieson on 2nd guitar....

I added "Starting to Worry" and "The End of Everything" from "The Acoustic Ersatzreal" and, another unrealeased song, "No Concrete Idea" and made them all downloadable too...

Do feel free to give them a listen...

Finished off the evening with the second in the new series of "Law & Order : Criminal Intent" - whose main character, Goren, would see through Tracey Barlow in seconds, if he'd happened to have been posted to Weatherfield for some reason...

Highlight of the Day : Corrie...

No comments: