Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Experimenting and documenting...

Playlist
CPE Bach - Concertos and Symphonies
Bill Bruford’s Earthworks Orchestra
Jackie McLean – Destination Out
Thelonius Monk – Straight No Chaser
The Books – Lost and Safe
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Digger Dagger Piece

A bit of a jazzy day today, after some lovely Bach at breakfast - ending with the weirdness of The Books and a new, strange piece by CBQ...

In the evening, I telephoned old friend Jorg Sonnenschein to advise of our intention of visiting him and his family, including my Godson, in the Summer – with a view to partaking of the delights of Documenta 12...



Jorg says Ansem, the child in question, is very proud of the fact that his Godfather is Scottish and he knows where Scotland is – he just doesn’t remember me...

I made a speech in German at his Christening in 2001 and stayed with the family again with my good friend Mr Alan Brodie in 2002 when we all visited Documenta 11 – happy days...

I last saw him in the summer of 2003 when Jorg and his wife, Yvonne and Ansem and his older sister, Xenia visited Anne and I while we were holidaying in the Mosel valley...

Jorg and Yvonne now have a third child, Teja, a second boy – we’ve not met him yet...

Strange names but there you go...

Managed to keep my entries down to 10 minutes each for the last two days so hopefully I can maintain this...

In doing so, I freed up some time to work on some music...

Webmeister Craig is popping by tomorrow to load up some more groovy software to this end too...

Later, a call from Dr Prog provided an invitation to a recital by the American pianist, Frederic Rzewski – which I accepted without hesitation, despite the maestro’s unashamed Marxist tendencies...

The experimental music making bodes well for the future....

Highlight of the Day : A call to the Fatherland

3 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

This is a shame but I suspect the days for all "real", as oposed to "virtual", record shops are numbered. C'est la vie - but interesting to know nonetheless...

Anonymous said...

Yvonne isn't a strange name!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

So glad someone's paying attention Stu!!