Thursday, January 18, 2007

In the ear of the beholder....

Playlist
The Bad Plus - The Bad Plus (Motel)
The Bad Plus - These Are The Vistas
The Bad Plus - Give
The Bad Plus - Suspicious Activity?
Marin Marais/St Colombe - Best of
Nikolaus Harnoncourt - The Power of Music

I was doing nothing today except sitting at the computer when, all of a sudden I thought to myself, "instead of reading about what everyone else is doing, why don't I do something?" - so I went and played my guitar for an hour...

All fifteen songs from what will be my next album, "Ersatzreal", due "sometime in 2007" - I have to admit that it was pretty discouraging performance-wise but Anne gave me some encouraging remarks when I was whittering on about how crap I am...

Other than that, watched "Judge John Deed", "Question Time" and "This Week" and retired with works conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt ringing in my lugs...

And listened to loads of The Bad Plus throughout the day - which was good...



What a great band - I love their stuff...

Highlight of the Day : Being told I'm not as bad as I think I am

No comments: