Sunday, January 28, 2007

Carried away songwise...

Playlist
Keith Jarrett – Always Let Me Go
Susumu Yokota – Lo Compilation
Dave Holland – Extended Play Live at Birdland
Scottish Guitar Quartet – Fait Accomplie
Rikm & Fennesz – Contrasts Donaueshingen 2003

This morning I continued spring cleaning re the albums removed from the jukebox, sorting them into folders for saving to DVD...

A late breakfast and then worked on finalising the remix of my song "No Concrete Idea" which I've been working on intermittently over the last week or so - today it finally gelled and I think I can now move on to the next piece, whatever that may be...

It's bit weird, as the vocals were recorded last year and at a different tempo from this new track - but there's nothing wrong with a little weirdness now and then...

I formulated a little plan to release three CD singles containing the five new songs not included on "The Acoustic Ersatzreal" last summer - and these singles will contain the remixes and electronic tracks I'm working on at present...

Once I was happy with the new recording, I picked up the guitar to play four or five songs I might play live with Jamie soon...

I ended up playing 21 in just over an hour...

Setlist
The End of Everything
No Concrete Idea
He Thinks of You
Starting to Worry
The Angels Took His Soul
Skylines Full of Cranes
A Nice Job In A Small Town
The Crocodile Song
Everything You've Ever Wanted
Half A Lifetime Away
I Rearranged the House
I Still Write You Letters
Snowfall
The Sun Goes Down Too Soon
Ten Twelve Seventeen
Thinking of Me
This is All There is
Twenty Twenty Vision
Very Small
Where Are You
You Taught Me How To Love You

Hardly an error in sight either...

As you might notice, I sang a few and then just got carried away leafing through my songbook alphabetically...

Just as I finished, the doorbell rang and it was an unplanned visit from sister Sheila, her husband Andrew and my mum...

A cup of tea and a chat ensued...

Then to Anne’s mum’s for the family tea - this time with the added bonus of a birthday cake for Anne and her requested favourite, steak pie...

This is actually last year's cake - but it was exactly the same tonight and just as tasty...



Back home, exercised the shoulder, wrote up the diary and listened to some new music, then watched last night's "Harry Hill's TV Burp"....

Great stuff...

Highlight of the Day : Finishing a track at last on the new studio set up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i just say that i hate all mobile phone companies, i've been trying to buy a contract phone online for the past two days and they make it very difficult for you. Why? Why, why why? Why?
Nice cake picture, cheered me up.
Mmmmm.......cake.
Did anyone watch that Ch 4 docu last night about the dwarves?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I prefer pay as you go to contract...

Missed the dwarves due to musicking...