Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Exercise...

Playlist
Various – 150 Favourite Albums of 2006 Playlist
Helene Grimaud – Reflection (Chopin & Rachmaninov)
Various –Favourite Singles and Albums of 2006 (CD-R)
Dido – Live at Brixton
Sarah McLachlan – Afterglow
Various – Pitchfork’s Top 100 Tacks of 2006

So – determined to go out today – Anne had stated breakfast and an evening meal...

In the event, I was up at 7:40 to do a few things on the PC...

Two hours later still no sign of Anne – she was too ill to do anything this morning so I drove to Patisserie Florentin to get some croissants – they had none – most likely due to the holidays – so I picked up a couple of BLT Baguettes and headed back...

Made breakfast than printed off all the covers for the CDs I’ve been downloading recently and for those which webmeister Craig gave me from his shoebox...

We do manage a short tip out in the afternoon and buy a replacement jersey for me re one recently shrunk in the wash, plus some nice new plain white coffee cups and a new chopping board..

This is enough to knacker Anne though and we return home, where she listens to the footie on the radio (1-0 to Hearts away at Dunfermline; 0-4 QoS to local rivals Gretna – now 4 points adrift at the bottom of the league while Gretna sit top) while I cut and apply the CD covers...

Instead of the intended meal out, we settle for a Chinese from faraway takeaway New Happy Palace – I drive there and back to pick up...

Excellent nosh...

In the meantime, I have discovered Pitchfork’s top 100 tracks of 2006 – and downloaded and burned to a 3CD set, containing 52 of these tracks (every one which was made available – others can be streamed and some offer views of videos)...

It makes for an eclectic selection with some gems and some dross...

I like this completely new music by people who, in the main, I’ve never even heard of...

Telly tonight comprises “This Life + 10” which passed the time but wasn’t really needed – though I suppose it was good to see these characters again – and the sublime “The Thick of It” which introduced a new character – the world-weary shadow minister, sick of all the “hug a hoodie” bollocks of the New Tory party...

Walking today consisted of:-

a) around the house
b) to the car
c) from the car

I had no lunch though....

Highlight of the Day : The Thick of It

No comments: