Sunday, January 14, 2007

After effects...

Playlist
King Crimson – USA
Various – Top 10 Singles & Albums 2006

Up at 9:00 today, but feeing grim…

On the PC I watched a couple of slide shows of all our photos of our holidays in Cereste and Amsterdam last year…

Then I had to go back to bed…

Woke again at 11:30, still feeling gruesome…

At 1, I took Anne to her mum’s as they were off to see Hearts v Celtic at Tynecastle (Hearts played well but lost 2-1 after being a goal up – same old story)..

I drove to Loanhead to take my mum out for lunch. January 14 has double significance for me – it was my Dad’s birthday and, five years ago, on my Dad’s second last birthday, I had to take Crispy the cat to the vet’s to be put to sleep – a very, very bad day…

Mum and I went to the Laird & Dog in Lasswade – where I used to go for a drink when I was at Lasswade High School…



Happy days…

The food was big and tasty but, unfortunately, I was incapable of eating the full portion of haggis neeps and tatties I’d ordered – I only ate half but it was twice as big as expected so that was ok I suppose…

Then back to Loanhead where we met up with big sister Sheila and the two of us constructed the exercise bike we bought our mum for Xmas…

I gave Sheila a lift home to Penicuik before heading back to town to Anne’s mum’s for the fortnightly family tea (despite the fact that we’d all been out for a meal last night)….

Due to the Hearts game, it was Chinese Takeaway but I didn’t order anything and just picked at a few of the myriad dishes weighing down Anne’s mum’s table …

After “Coronation St” we took Craig home and, back at Crispycat Towers, ended the day with “Match of the Day 2”…

I did a lot of groaning today and vowing never to drink again…

Till the next time…

Highlight of the Day : Going to bed at the end of it

No comments: